Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grave Alice, and laughing Allegra, and Edith with golden hair




Hi! It's Found.

In case any of you don't get the reference, Alice, Allegra, and Edith are from a poem called the Children's Hour. I'm including a few stanzas of it...

Between the dark and the daylight,
When the night is beginning to lower,
Comes a pause in the day's occupations,
That is known as the Children's Hour.

I hear in the chamber above me
The patter of little feet,
The sound of a door that is opened,
And voices soft and sweet.

From my study I see in the lamplight,
Descending the broad hall stair,
Grave Alice, and laughing Allegra,
And Edith with golden hair.

It's a lot longer than that, but I don't think it would all fit very well, and it would make for a really long post. If you want more, look it up.

Anyway, my sister was doing this poem for school this year, so she's always saying it. Actually, I think at some point, ALL my siblings learned it. So it's not really a surprise that I know most of it.  
I found it kind of cool that they gave these random discriptions of the girls, like, the three things that summed them up. I also found it funny that while two of the discriptions were like attitudes, (Grave, laughing.) the third was the fact that Edith has golden hair.

~Found

1 comment:

  1. I just read the whole thing after searching the title on Google...sooo sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete