Wednesday, April 25, 2012

THE AWESOMEST HOW TO DRAW BOOK EVER!!!!!!


Hi, Found here!
I have officially started learning a new style: Manga. I got the most amazing book in the world to help me!
It's called Mastering Manga by Mark Crilley, who, it turns out, also has a Youtube series on drawing manga. Anyway, It's full of tips and step by step instructions on how to draw whatevers, and it rocks. I'm obsessed with the book. It's so great.
Anyway...
The first pic is one of the step by step drawing thingees, 3/4 view, etc. In case anyone was curious, her hair was a Carmine Red prismacolor pencil. Hope you like it!

The second picture was a doodle on the back of a math test. (That's a bow in her hair, in case you were wondering!) I did her freehand using a few tips from the book. I'm kinda happy how she turned out--I mean, it IS an earlier sketch, so it's not perfect, but it's fine for a beginner.

More to follow,
Found

3 comments:

  1. I love them both!! The color for the hair you chose for the first one is great! I love their eyes and the shading. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive for a doodle (and just by itself too of course!). The hair is ~pretty~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them Found! Good luck with the whole manga thing!

    ReplyDelete