Monday, February 4, 2013

Stars, and evil doctor's shots.


So I haven't posted anything for a really long time.

This is mostly because for the last week I've had an awful fever, the legnth of which finally drove me to the doctor's office. A very long wait ensued. The visit resulted in an extremely painful shot, during and after which I cried. (I was in an emotional state already, and I've never been good with pain. I'm not really ashamed of this fact because I was reflecting on it and I realized that that's just how I am.) Another product of the visit was my mom driving me up the hill to the hospital for the x-ray my doctor ordered, where I waited again. Have you ever noticed how ugly waiting rooms are? It's like, "Wait here in this hideous monotone room with a bunch of other unfortunates while you ponder your fate beyond the mysterious closed doors..." And then of course the doctor/nurse/PERSON comes out and is like, "[your name here]." in a death like voice. Then you follow them to find your destiny.
Anyway, I was getting x-rays because the doctor was concerned about my lungs. Apparently, when he was listening to my breathing with his magic somethingscope, something sounded weird. He said he was "curious." When a doctor is curious about something, it's safe to assume that it's gonna be an issue.
So yeah. That's what my day and week have been like. Not so hot. I miss all my friends, having stuck to the house, trying to recover. I mean, I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY FRIENDS IN FOREVER. It's been a whole week. A week. THis is awful.

To catch up on a long absence of posts, I have one more topic to bring up. I've been feeling really depressed lately because I keep seeing all this art everywhere that is so much better than mine. I mean, sure, I know I'm only fourteen. But I wanna learn all the techniques, and I wanna master all the styles, and I want to do EVERYTHING. And there aren't any places to take the kind of art classes I want to take where I live! I want to get better, but books can only get you so far, right? How can you learn when there's no one to teach you? It just rankles with me because I KNOW I could learn soooo much new STUFF if I could just find someone to teach it to me! And I want to learn it all so badly!

Okay, I have to go to bed soon, so I'll sign off by saying don't judge the picture because I only had an hour and a half to do it.
Love you all!
~Found

2 comments:

  1. Awww Found! :( I'm so sorry. Getting sick is the worst. It really is a big penance. I hope you feel better and I'll pray for you! Really pretty picture by the way. The sky was really well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, the picture's gorgeous (i.e., I'm not judging you). Love the stars. Like little glowing windows into heaven.

    Second, feel better soon! And I hope your lungs are okay! And you get to see your friends asap! Nobody should be deprived of health and companionship as long as you have. :P

    You have SO much talent in the whole art area...just keep trying with what you have, and your skills will develop into something unimaginably amazing. Some of the best artists were self-taught. So yeah, that's my little pep talk for the day. Dream on!

    ReplyDelete